What do I do?
My day to day job involves consulting with customers about their specific requirements within the Epicor ERP application, carrying out analysis on the tasks they require in order to develop an efficient solution and document any development work that is to be provided. This is followed up with development and testing before a piece of work can be considered complete and ready to be handed over.
Other aspects of what I do involve support and customer training. Training can either be in a classroom environment or a more informal workshop. I tend to find a workshop type approach works best as usually something tangible can be achieved during the training and better use of the time can be made as workshops are more focussed to requirements.
The things I need to know in order to do my job are:
- Interfacing and automation using Service Connect
- MS SQL including Stored Procedures and TSQL
- Basic and advanced BPMs
- BAQs and Dashboards
- C#, Visual Basic, ASP, PHP
- Crystal and SSRS Reports
- Epicor application and server admin
- Progress ABL
- Avante, System Builder SB+, Databasic, PICK
- Avante Storefront, Redback, U2WDE